Paris, France – 21 January 2021
Atos welcomes the French government’s initiative and is very pleased to take part in the advancement of the countrywide approach on quantum technologies, declared right now by President Emmanuel Macron.
With one of a kind experience in Europe and impressive technologies these as the Atos Quantum Discovering Machine (Atos QLM), the world’s most powerful quantum simulator, Atos is presently operating intently with countrywide gamers these as GENCI (Grand Equipement National de Calcul) and the CEA (Commissariat à l’Energie Atomique), as effectively as the start out-up Pasqal. The countrywide quantum approach now features Atos the opportunity to accelerate its Atos Quantum program and reinforce its contribution to the French quantum ecosystem, with a check out to giving its prospects the very first advantages of quantum computing in the NISQ (Noisy Intermediate-Scale Quantum) period as before long as possible.
“The prepare declared right now for the advancement of quantum technologies is rather outstanding and we are pretty honored to have been associated with this announcement. Quantum computing claims substantial development in strategic locations for our culture, these as health, chemistry, finance and the fight versus global warming and decarbonization. Confronted with these significant socio-economic difficulties, it is critical to set up community-non-public partnerships and foster cooperation between governments, academic scientists, customers and non-public providers. France’s countrywide approach is equivalent to the revolution to appear and we are very pleased to be among the the gamers who will take part in creating it a reality,” claimed Elie Girard, Atos CEO.
Atos’ contribution to the countrywide quantum approach will concentration on 4 locations:
- The advancement of NISQ simulators and accelerators integrated into hybrid superior-general performance computing platforms: capitalizing on the Atos QLM and its experience in superior-general performance computing, Atos has set the target of providing a quantum accelerator related to a supercomputer as early as 2023. On the other hand, innovation in quantum computing is not only about components but also about application. This is the direction Atos is getting with the Atos QLM quantum simulation and application advancement system.
- Put up-quantum cryptography: Atos is presently operating on integrating write-up-quantum algorithms into its cybersecurity products. Its perform in this place will further accelerate the developments essential to get ready the components implementations of upcoming write-up-quantum specifications.
- Worldwide cooperation: Atos has produced operating in cooperation with upcoming industrial customers a precedence of its Atos Quantum program. The Team is included in various academic assignments, notably with the Institut d’Optique and INRIA. In parallel, its experience and the Atos QLM lead to various European plans, such as the NEASQC (Future Purposes of Quantum Computing) project. As aspect of the countrywide quantum approach, Atos intends to leverage the expertise obtained as a result of these numerous assignments to foster interactions between academics, technology vendors and customers.
- Benchmarking: the speedy and continual emergence of new technologies and approaches to quantum programming is critical for the advancement of the sector, but also a resource of complexity for organizations wishing to spend. In 2020, Atos made Q-score, the very first trustworthy, objective and honest universal metric to simplify the connection between technology customers and vendors.
Atos set up a Scientific Council dedicated to Quantum. Members are:
- Alain Part, Professor at the Institut d’Optique Graduate School and Ecole Polytechnique, Université Paris-Saclay
- David DiVincenzo, Professor at the Alexander von Humboldt University and Director at the Institute for Theoretical Nanoelectronics at the Juelich Study Middle
- Artur Ekert, Professor of Quantum Physics at the Mathematical Institute at the University of Oxford and Founding Director of the Centre for Quantum Technologies (CQT) at the National University of Singapore
- Daniel Esteve, Study Director, CEA Saclay, Head of Quantronics
- Serge Haroche, Professor Emeritus at the Collège de France, Nobel Prize in Physics.
In the foreground, from left to ideal: Emmanuel Macron and Elie Girard
In the back again, from left to ideal: Cédric O, Bruno Le Maire, Amélie de Montchalin andFrédérique Vidal
To study more about Atos’ pursuits in the discipline of quantum computing, click on right here.
Down load the launch in pdf
Atos is a global leader in digital transformation with 110,000 personnel and yearly income of € twelve billion. European range 1 in cybersecurity, cloud and superior general performance computing, the team offers tailor-made close-to-close answers for all industries in seventy three countries. A pioneer in decarbonization services and items, Atos is committed to a safe and decarbonized digital for its consumers. Atos operates less than the makes Atos and Atos|Syntel. Atos is a SE (Societas Europaea), shown on the CAC40 Paris stock index.
The goal of Atos is to enable design and style the upcoming of the information space. Its experience and services aid the advancement of know-how, training and exploration in a multicultural method and lead to the advancement of scientific and technological excellence. Across the world, the team allows its prospects and personnel, and associates of societies at large to dwell, perform and develop sustainably, in a secure and safe information space.
Press speak to: Marion Delmas | [email protected] | +33 6 37 63 ninety one 99